Sunday, February 25, 2007

A while ago, I posted some videos about supporting net neutrality (Nov. 11/o6 post). As a rebutal, a reader responded to me in the comments area recommending this video, which poses a persuasive counter-argument to Internet regulation. This guy makes some very valid points AGAINST net neutrality. We're going to have to think very long and hard about this complex issue folks. And don't think it's gone unnoticed that my "new" blogger account is run by Google (which I believe is now partnered with Microsoft), either. I was aware that giants like Microsoft are in favour of net neutrality, but I'm not entirely sure that I'm clear about their intentions. I assumed it was because a company like Microsoft, that deals in the distribution of media tools, would obviously benefit from a maximum variety of free media ideas. After seeing this video, I wonder that there isn't more to it than that. Just goes to show you that you should never make up your mind too quickly about where you stand on issues like this. The jury's still out for me...

No comments: